Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online training no PDF of course completion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
    If it was all joined up, you would simply log into compass, go to training, see what needs to be done, and either follow a link to an online course, and at the end of it, if its passed, validated or both, that should be recorded into compass automatically.
    At the moment its a case of sending the information off to a training advisor/whoever deals with training, hoping that same person is still the training person, and they will get round to updating the records/not loose the email/letter/information/leave it sitting for a few weeks
    Know exactly what you mean, did mine on the 10th October and sent them in, still waiting for compass to be updated; the last time I complained about this sort of thing I was severely reprimanded by the DC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Know exactly what you mean, did mine on the 10th October and sent them in, still waiting for compass to be updated; the last time I complained about this sort of thing I was severely reprimanded by the DC.
    I had mine updated on Compass within an hour - by our County Commissioner who is interim County Training Manager.
    Keith "Hawkeye"
    (Acting) Beaver Scout Section Leader (Woodbadge)
    Group Badge Secretary
    Group Web Manager
    Fundraising Co-ordinator - Group Family Camp 2018
    1st Ingleby Barwick (St Francis) Scout Group

https://www.inglebybarwickscouts.org.uk

WE NEED MORE ADULT VOLUNTEERS!
    Volunteer at 1st Ingleby Barwick Scout Group
    Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders, Sectional Assistants, Occasional Helpers, etc.

Group Scout Leader
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That's common sense and a very similar system to what we have where I work. All we do is login to the online system, go onto the learning and development bit and into our training plan and find the training we need to complete, do it online and then our training plan automatically updates.
    But, that would be investing thousands of pounds, and hundreds of hours of volunteer time, with a comprehensive administration system for maintaining adult membership records. Oh, hang on ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
    Just completed an online training module, as District are putting on the pressure for leaders to get up to date, and at the end theres a print button, as my printer is out of ink the print job was cancelled, and as the SCout association has thought of everything there is no option to download a certificate.
    We also have some other leaders who need to complete some training, and the online option would be the best solution, however not all of them have a printer
    I did my GDPR training within a few days of it being available. But, as there was then no certficate produced at the end (beacuse there wasn't onw when the online course was initially launched), looks like I need to do it again :-(

Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulArthurs View Post
    I did my GDPR training within a few days of it being available. But, as there was then no certficate produced at the end (beacuse there wasn't onw when the online course was initially launched), looks like I need to do it again :-(
    Takes 10 minutes if you actually read it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
    Takes 10 minutes if you actually read it!
    Took me 4 minutes, I didn't read it.

Not sure if anyone else is aware. But you can put any old name in at the beginning of the training and it spits out a certificate.

Just saying...

Could be an activity for Cubs or Scouts... Maybe not Beavers, they might struggle...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Send it again on a daily basis until it sticks. There is no excuse for taking stupid amounts if time to update Compass (other than compassophobia of course). With us, for normal validations, Compass gets apdated as each module is validated. If I'm updating for other TAs then 48 hours is my target maximum.
    I have heard some people say that they haven't got the time to update Compass as information becomes available. You then get to the question of "Is it better to have some one doing a role badly or no one doing it at all?"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Airobat For This Useful Post:

shiftypete (20-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pa_broon74 View Post
    Took me 4 minutes, I didn't read it.

Not sure if anyone else is aware. But you can put any old name in at the beginning of the training and it spits out a certificate.

Just saying...

Could be an activity for Cubs or Scouts... Maybe not Beavers, they might struggle...

Whilst you can put any name in at the beginning, it doesn't help you when you finish and the certificate says Micky Mouse. The District may not accept that from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airobat View Post
    Send it again on a daily basis until it sticks. There is no excuse for taking stupid amounts if time to update Compass (other than compassophobia of course). With us, for normal validations, Compass gets apdated as each module is validated. If I'm updating for other TAs then 48 hours is my target maximum.
    I have heard some people say that they haven't got the time to update Compass as information becomes available. You then get to the question of "Is it better to have some one doing a role badly or no one doing it at all?"
    The problem then is that with accumulations you end up loosing some of it and there being too much to handle.

Much better doing it as you go as you say. It would be better if the LTM cannot do it (or other person) that they be replaced or if possible supplemented so that there may be an 'admin' person doing the recording and leaving the assessing and management to the LTM and TAs.