Thread: Emergency services activity - role playing

Thanks

Emergency services activity - role playing

Hi everyone, I've tried searching but my google skills have failed me this time....

A scout group ran an emergency services role-playing night and had produced powerpoint slides etc. for it and details of the roles the scouts should play. The scenario was something like a call comes in that there has been a motorway accident and as the game develops, it turns out it was a tanker and the tanker contained something nasty and it's leaking into a river etc.etc.

I'd like to run it next term but can anyone find me a link to the resources?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
    Martin
    Group Chairman, Webmaster, SSA
    1st Cuddington & Sandiway Scout Group
    www.candssg.ismysite.co.uk

Thanks
    Moz Morris from Wrexham posted about that on 1st some time back - - don't think he's on here, but can be found via 1st Facebook / Managers in Scouting Facebook page
    "Rach..... what do I do with the instant whip once it's boiling???"

AESL Phoenix (Afon) Cardiff
    SAGGA
    Birmingham Uni Scout and Guide Club (BUSAG) and SSAGO chairman many years ago....

Thanks
    I may have this on my computer at home. Did different groups of scouts play different groups of emergency services?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bat for both teams...
    Yes, i'm bi... organisational!

SL - 44th Swansea
    Thanks
    Fantastic game, heres the link...

https://wrexhamscouts.org.uk/crisis-command/
    Richard Organ

44th Swansea (St Pauls Church) Scout Leader

Flying is simple - you just throw yourself at the ground and miss

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeovil_walker For This Useful Post:

Kev (21-12-2018),MartinSykes (21-12-2018)

Thanks
    The Ordnance Survey produced a teaching aid back in 1999 called Crisis Command (or something similar) based on a ficticious map of Chiselton where they based the incident. It was designed as a school teaching aid and the copyright says it may be freely copied for schools. As part of the package there were overheads and timed messages to be passed between the various parties. I ran it a few years ago and it worked well. Might add it in for next term.

I've had a quick search but don't appear to be able to easily find a link on the OS website.

Just had a look and the link to Wrexham Scouts appears to be the same as what I originally downloaded from the OS website.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Ordnance Survey produced a teaching aid back in 1999 called Crisis Command (or something similar) based on a ficticious map of Chiselton where they based the incident. It was designed as a school teaching aid and the copyright says it may be freely copied for schools. As part of the package there were overheads and timed messages to be passed between the various parties. I ran it a few years ago and it worked well. Might add it in for next term.

I've had a quick search but don't appear to be able to easily find a link on the OS website.

Just had a look and the link to Wrexham Scouts appears to be the same as what I originally downloaded from the OS website.
    for academic interest, the original is here: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100203142005/http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/education/teachingresources/mapwork/dangerousroads/index.html (on a mac, the .exe file that the large map comes in just needs unzipping and it is a hi res bmp image. the same on the wrexham site but their file size is smaller. )

i would use the wrexham one for the whole thing - the ppt is ace (and i did the music so make sure you use that too, nice and loud... )