Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Census

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulArthurs View Post
    As the census only records numbers with no names, then the chances of census being matched to Compass is very slim. I don't understand why Compass can't populate the census data. Now that adults are not paid for there is less incentive to check that people are not recorded on the Census twice.

Paul
    The trouble everyone forgets about compass and census, is compass has to be up to date and current, which it never will be. Taking an independent census of the management system is a better way than taking it off compass, as it then allows HQ to have the option to look at where there may be issues with the accuracy of the data on compass. I am ignoring any HQ issues in relation to compass. Only looking at the local ones.

Rule 66. A map and compass offers no protection against getting horribly lost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 793 Posts
    At least a slight delay in HQ sending out the Census log in details might prevent some Districts demanding Census returns back from Groups before the actual date of the Census (31st Jan).

Peter Andrews AESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shiftypete For This Useful Post:

PaulArthurs (14-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,260 Posts
    From the guidance...

Each Section,
    including the Scout Network, is asked to state the number of top awards achieved during the
    past 12 months (1st February 2018 to 31st January 2019). It is important to note that this is
    the total number achieved (whether or not the young people are still members of the
    Section/Group or Scouting)
    So, I'm counting our most recent Queen's Scout in the Explorer numbers as, though she's now in Network, she probably started working towards it in Explorers.
    Ian Wilkins
    Farnham District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Jambowlree - Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition
    All sections, all countries, runs December 2018 - May 2019
    http://www.jambowlree.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    From the guidance...

So, I'm counting our most recent Queen's Scout in the Explorer numbers as, though she's now in Network, she probably started working towards it in Explorers.
    HQ should know how many QSA have been gained as they are strictly issued. I know that a few years ago when this system first came in I had a right job getting duplicate badges for two adults who had two shirts and wanted one on each.

Previously badge Secs could just order them but that changed when the design changed to the current one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb123 View Post
    HQ should know how many QSA have been gained as they are strictly issued. I know that a few years ago when this system first came in I had a right job getting duplicate badges for two adults who had two shirts and wanted one on each.

Previously badge Secs could just order them but that changed when the design changed to the current one.
    it's easier now, i sent them a photo of my certificate and you can pay by card now too.

i really want to find my brown badge, i'm sad about losing that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big chris View Post
    it's easier now, i sent them a photo of my certificate and you can pay by card now too.

Not that it helps you find the old one, but there are regularly on ebay from Hong Kong and the like as they used to use the same ones and continued well after we stopped. Not sure what they are going for though.

There are other sellers too and those who do reproductions. As I said not helping you find yours but may help replace it like for like. For what it is work there are reproductions of the PRE APR ones in green too often.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    From the guidance...

Huh, does that mean I should tell my old Explorer leader about mine? I mean, I worked on it for a whole month or two in Explorers seven years ago, so that counts, right?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesam3 View Post
    Huh, does that mean I should tell my old Explorer leader about mine? I mean, I worked on it for a whole month or two in Explorers seven years ago, so that counts, right?
    Oh definitely!
    Ian Wilkins

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big chris View Post

Somehow I never got my certificate. I have a photo of me being presented with my QSA and me at the Windsor Parade do you think that would be enough proof?

Peter Andrews AESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftypete View Post
    Somehow I never got my certificate. I have a photo of me being presented with my QSA and me at the Windsor Parade do you think that would be enough proof?
    Ask the Dc if it is still behind the clock on the mantelpiece :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb123 View Post
    Ask the Dc if it is still behind the clock on the mantelpiece :-)
    That is the one place if definitely never was given QSAs are presented by County

It was actually more my issue as I was not able to attend either of the award presentation evenings I was offered and I never knew who to ask to post it to me once I went off to Uni.

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,431 Posts
    That is the one place if definitely never was given QSAs are presented by County

It was actually more my issue as I was not able to attend either of the award presentation evenings I was offered and I never knew who to ask to post it to me once I went off to Uni.
    Depends when, mine was a district affair in 1998 and one of 2 certificates was signed and presented by the DC. The assessment interview was by the DC after the unit exec had approved it first.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Might be now. Certainly when I was a badge sec I could order badges and certificates and they were presented by DC. That was when they were brown though.

I canít remeber when County started presenting them. I never actually got that far it too k me 4 years to get VSA due to work etc.

Thanks
    Our latest, and rare, Queen's Scout recipient has moved to Spain to teach English as a foreign language, but the exec wouldn't sanction a couple of cheap flights for me and the Network leader to go out and present it in person. Tightwads. She was back for two weeks over Christmas, so it ended up being done in the pub. Hopefully she'll be back at Easter so can go to Windsor.
    Ian Wilkins

Thanks
    I've had the login details sent to me (GSL) today directly from Gilwell.
    James