Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A friendlier way of talking

Thanks
    Thanked 2,953 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
    I reckon you could easily get away without the website if the District had a well-designed one that appeared in Google searches for the Groups, and which had a contact form for each Group, to be honest.

Navs is I guess a bit different

You are having a laugh, Neil.

That would require someone paying attention to the detail... Currently lists groups and contacts - out of date. There is absolutely no message about the actual activities undertaken - it is, however, on Brand, but if I were still involved I would have our )n Brand site, selling our group - and it worked then, it would work now.

The importance of PR and a digital presence cannot be underastimated. On a pro rata membership basis, navs, with no national branding, and now assumptions about who we are, are on an equal footing membership-wise,with the local Groups who have the TSA support , branding etc.
    Ewan Scott

It seems that there are a lot of Nawyecka Comanch around....

Nawyecka Comanch'": "Means roundabout--man says he's going one way, means to go t'other" Ethan Edwards - The Searchers

www.upperdearnevalleynavigators.org.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bushfella For This Useful Post:

dragonhhjh (19-07-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushfella View Post
    You are having a laugh, Neil.

That would require someone paying attention to the detail... Currently lists groups and contacts - out of date. There is absolutely no message about the actual activities undertaken - it is, however, on Brand, but if I were still involved I would have our )n Brand site, selling our group - and it worked then, it would work now.

The importance of PR and a digital presence cannot be underastimated. On a pro rata membership basis, navs, with no national branding, and now assumptions about who we are, are on an equal footing membership-wise,with the local Groups who have the TSA support , branding etc.
    Of our current 200+ members, I think that only 1 has come via the "TSA branding". All the rest have come through word of mouth.

We have a web site (it's not bad - could do with the news story updating - it has a "contact us" form right on the landing page) and it has generated precisely 1 contact and they did not respond when I replied to them :-( I have no idea why. We are usually first or second in the Google search results for our town.

I would say that 50% of our parents would not even notice if we were not part of TSA. They just see us as Scouts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hippysurfer For This Useful Post:

richardnhunt (19-07-2019)