Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FAO any Sh***ers out there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pa_broon74 View Post
    A full power .22 pellet - also heavier and slower (than a .177 pellet) didn't get through, I'd imagine for archery it would work quite well.

I bought an eyelet kit, it has in it a cutting tool. It's a hollow cylinder with a sharpened end - you're supposed to bash it with a hammer to form the holes in whatever you're eyeleting. It didn't even make an impression on the material - and I gave it good few proper whacks.

I might see if I can borrow some archery gear and test it out. The local archery guy was asking about it too.
    Do let me know how you get on if you do manage to shoot any arrows at it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to campwarden For This Useful Post:

pa_broon74 (12-01-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,361 Posts
    Bumped into the guy that told me where to get it from at the weekend, and asked him what the heck it is.....

[dramatic pause....]

Marine recovery inflatable fabric.

When I enquired what those words meant when placed together....it's used to make air balloons that are taken out to sea, sunk to the bottom, tied to a heavy rusty possibly broken thing, and inflated, to lift said heavy rusty thing to the surface. Aye, this explains why it's tougher than old boots.
    Ian Wilkins
    Farnham District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Jambowlree - Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition
    All sections, all countries, runs December 2018 - May 2019
    http://www.jambowlree.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 921 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    Bumped into the guy that told me where to get it from at the weekend, and asked him what the heck it is.....

[dramatic pause....]

Marine recovery inflatable fabric.

When I enquired what those words meant when placed together....it's used to make air balloons that are taken out to sea, sunk to the bottom, tied to a heavy rusty possibly broken thing, and inflated, to lift said heavy rusty thing to the surface. Aye, this explains why it's tougher than old boots.
    Can confirm, it's tough as old boots.

I bought an eyelet kit from Amazon, the dead blow mallet that came with the kit wasn't cutting, ummm, the mustard. I had to dig out a 1lb lump hammer to get the hole punch through the material. It is indeed tough stuff.

Who would have known that inserting eyelets was such a high risk activity. My fingers got shredded by the hole punch thing and all its sharp edges. Still, now I know how to do it, I'm wondering what else needs eyelets...

Hmmm...

PS: Must remember to replace plasters in first aid kit...

PPS: On Saturday there, I was testing out the new r**les I bought. I can confirm the CO2-powered Crosman 1077 repeaters are fantastic fun. What's even better is, they're 'junior' models, so they'll fit the smaller kids really well too.