Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there now any chance of a summer camp?

a quiver full of barbs merryweather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,085 Posts
    [QUOTE=RisingStar;471065]snip...

It's not even as though there is any consistency -My NDN's son's girlfriend lives in Switzerland, there the scientists believe that children under 10 are not only aymptomatic but can't pass it on and so all the primary schools have reopened. Who is right ? If it's the Swiss then our scientists have a lot to answer for.[\QUOTE]

So if you travel to a Swiss airport and exit on the left the scientists say one thing but if you exit on the right they'll ignore all your children if they're <10. Curious how scientists think!

Of course I bet you believe I was scientist going to CERN in Geneva. What!!? With me with just 1 GCSE?
    😊

TM

And of course I bet Bushfella could tell you a few tales about the Belgium -German border curiosities. Me? I'm stuck here in Auchtermucty, so what do I know about geography? 😊
    going...going...still here...just

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    Nice to see scouters and doggers have one thing in common.
    The moment I hit "submit" I knew someone would make that comment

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
    Low and behold despite being told of this car park and its reputation they pull up in it, a good few minutes ahead of us and wait in the car, soon to be joined by two other random people who stood at the car for a few minutes.
    They soon scarper when you get out the car with your necker on and start waving a torch about. Trust me on this one.
    Ian Wilkins
    Farnham District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Jambowlree - Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition
    All sections, all countries, runs December 2018 - May 2019
    http://www.jambowlree.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
    They soon scarper when you get out the car with your necker on and start waving a torch about. Trust me on this one.

They scampered even quicker when we pulled up in a black Volvo 4x4 and got out wearing hi vis jackets with radio fist mics and peli torches clipped on the chest clips. They didn't hang around to find out we were scout leaders and not an unmarked police car.

Thanks
    our summer camp, Cooe to Tolers has met the inevitable
    https://www.tolmers.org.uk/centre-closures
    Having reviewed the latest advice from the Government and their initial suggested timetable and guidance for the easing of the current Covid 19 lockdown, we have taken the decision that our Hertfordshire based Activity Centres will continue to be non-operational through to the 1st September 2020 at the earliest.

Whilst we appreciate this news is potentially disappointing, we take the safety of our users seriously and we want to ensure that we only resume delivery when we are confident all reasonable measures are in place to assure this.

As yet, sector specific guidance relevant to the delivery of outdoor activities and residential experiences has not been issued by the government. We are contributing to the consultation process through our links with various sector bodies, and as soon as the guidance is available to us we will begin to consider our plans for resuming operations after the 1st September.

For existing bookings up to the 31st August, you will have the option to transfer your deposit to a later date or request a refund.

Should you wish to transfer your booking to a later date, we will transfer your deposit to another booking up to the 31st December 2021. These transfers will be allocated based upon the date that they are initially requested and subject to availability.

Thank you for the understanding that you have shown the limited number of team members who continue to care for our Centres and provide an office service. Please continue to support them as they work through this process and continue to show understanding if responses are not as fast as you would usually expect.

We will periodically provide further updates subject to Government advice and look forward to providing you with outdoor adventurous activities in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,535 Posts
    I think it's clear that there will be no face to face Scouting before then, so that is a sensible move.

Thanks
    The only positive is that we now have a definite answer.

As for Summer camps, the ony chnce of anything taking place would be a small single group/section camping on its own, but even then the chances of that taking place is small, and getting smaller, and would require social distancing to change