Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Preparing halls for re-opening

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanOpinion View Post
    Yes, I agree we can decide not to follow their guidance, but you'd need to feel very confident about your reasons. I suspect most GSEs will decide to play safe and follow the guidance. That's going to be a lot of work.
    I would make very clear in writing to your hirers that they are responsible for producing their own covid risk assessments for all their activities taking place within the hall, and phrase it to them that you require a copy for your records rather than saying it is for you to review. You could potentially include a non-exhaustive list of things that they should consider (entrange/egress/etc) and also provide a copy of your own risk assessment relating to how risks of cross contamination between different hiring groups are minimised.

I would certainly share your concern about the GEC being seen to be "approving" risk assessments for hall users.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to campwarden For This Useful Post:

shiftypete (05-06-2020)

Thanks
    I think that's the best we can do, in the circumstances. Given that TSA say nothing about what to look for in the review, I can only infer that they don't envisage a deep review. So, the main purpose is just to make sure that the hirer has done a RA and does seem to have given it serious consideration. If they seem to be complacent, perhaps we would decline to let them take risks in our hall. But to me that's as far as the review should go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanOpinion For This Useful Post:

shiftypete (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,843 Posts
    I have the opposite issue. How can I be sure that the facilities we use are up to standard? They currently have a 1 Star food hygiene rating.

Fiona inspects school kitchens and care homes for cleanliness and hygiene standards and every time we go into the community centre she has to turn a blind eye. She did deliver a food hygiene course at one point, but the key points were forgotten and ignored within two weeks.

To be fair, it is a huge burden having to clean and maintain high standards in a community building that is used by 700 people every week from about 20-30 different groups.
    Ewan Scott

It seems that there are a lot of Nawyecka Comanch around....

Nawyecka Comanch'": "Means roundabout--man says he's going one way, means to go t'other" Ethan Edwards - The Searchers

www.upperdearnevalleynavigators.org.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushfella View Post
    I have the opposite issue. How can I be sure that the facilities we use are up to standard? They currently have a 1 Star food hygiene rating
    I was somewhat surprised when one of our hirers asked if they could have some extra slots until the current hirers resume. This was because the other venues are so poorly cleaned. I was surprised and pleased to hear that we are relatively good!

Thanks
    Looks like some opening up can happen from 4 July, though I'm waiting to learn whether yoga and pilates and dance classes are allowed. I'm guessing anything that makes you breathe hard or touch someone else will not be allowed for now.

I came across this new guidance for village halls which seems highly relevant for scout halls in relation to their other users:
    https://www.cdaherts.org.uk/covid-19...73742675781250