Thread: 2021 Census - Income from parents

Thanks

2021 Census - Income from parents

Can I please seek a consensus on the question in the census please and how to respond?

Income from parents (including any payments towards membership fees) and any other donations from the wider community

So what is Income? Is this just subs or is it contributions for other income such as activity fees etc? The real question I have is how to answer this question?

How does this income compare to your income 31st January 2019 – 31st January 2020?

Well that compares to what the income covers. I am either in 61-80% or 21-40% depending.

How are others answering this?

Thanks
    -Colin

Thanks
    I have just included income from subs and fundraising. Any other income such as activity payments is already allocated and is not freely available to spend as we might wish due to circumstances arising. It also begs the question as to why we should be considering January to January. Our financial year is March to March and has been for the past 60 years!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boballan For This Useful Post:

shiftypete (03-02-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 982 Posts
    I think they mean just subs income not any fees for camps or other activities as they are trying to get a like for like comparison between the two years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boballan View Post
    I have just included income from subs and fundraising. Any other income such as activity payments is already allocated and is not freely available to spend as we might wish due to circumstances arising. It also begs the question as to why we should be considering January to January. Our financial year is March to March and has been for the past 60 years!!
    Yours might be others aren't. For example our District accounts are run end of Jan to end of Jan.

So they need to pick a common time frame and by asking Jan to Jan they will get the most up to date info whilst being able to compare like with like (i.e. a full 12 months)

Peter Andrews ESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL
    2002 - 2018 AESL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiftypete For This Useful Post:

boballan (04-02-2021),GSL-Baloo (03-02-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftypete View Post
    I think they mean just subs income not any fees for camps or other activities as they are trying to get a like for like comparison between the two years

- - - Updated - - -

Yours might be others aren't. For example our District accounts are run end of Jan to end of Jan.

So they need to pick a common time frame and by asking Jan to Jan they will get the most up to date info whilst being able to compare like with like (i.e. a full 12 months)

I think that I would respond with the comparable incomes from the previous full year and the predicted income from subs for this year. I would not include fundraising or grants because they have very little to do with TSA. Or, I would add that figure separately.

Ours would look something like 6,000 income from subs in 19/20, to Zero for 20/21
    Ewan Scott

It seems that there are a lot of Nawyecka Comanch around....

Nawyecka Comanch'": "Means roundabout--man says he's going one way, means to go t'other" Ethan Edwards - The Searchers

www.upperdearnevalleynavigators.org.uk

Group Scout Leader
    Thanks
    What about other non-activity income streams e.g. hall rental?

Im going tempted to include this as its another income stream that has dropped a lot in 2020 vs 2019.

Thanks
    I was tempted to go subs only but our activity charges includes a modest amount towards equipment wear and tear so we have lost that. Obviously wear and tear was low but things are now that one year older whether they were used in that time or not

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    The questions were badly thought out. The results will be meaningless. I doubt they'll have any value other than feeding a headline to the press "Scouts lose 80% of income from Covid!".

Our roll numbers are down by 10% or so, but our income down by 60% as we did not charge subs. So our truthfull answers to the TAS questions will paint a bleak picture. But the truth is we have rental income (for which there is not a box), solid finances, and can swallow the loss. With the Business and Leisure grant we are actually in a better place than we were 12 months ago - so quite the opposite of what may be interpreted by the amateurishly drafted questions. Lets hope the TSA don't make significant management decisions based on flawed data.
    Last edited by Paul o; 04-02-2021 at 04:02 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul o For This Useful Post:

boballan (04-02-2021),shiftypete (06-02-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul o View Post
    Lets hope the TSA don't make significant management decisions based on flawed data.
    Yes. Based on the decisions when the data is good we have no hope
    Chris

Akela - 8th Mirfield
    Heavy Woollen District

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Paul o (04-02-2021),pa_broon74 (09-02-2021)