Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hampshire 007 - Hampshire Scouts Centenary Camp

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthskip View Post
    I want to stay til Sunday, but its weather dependant! I think it will give me more time to pack up and we won't be fighting with the rest of the County to leave on Saturday. However, if its throwing it down and the Scouts are all cold and fed up we'll go Saturday.
    county????? country more like

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jshirra View Post
    county????? country more like
    True, there are Scouts from all over the place coming down, including Scotland. Working on the menu this morning! Then the shopping list......

Thanks
    Hi - sorry tale of online shopping for H007.

Cook dropped the shopping list round last night. After much brainache deciding which items to order through the Grocery Store on site and those we are going to bring with us and those we are going to pop out and get, I decided I would try (for the first time) to shop Online with Tesco.

I had come to the conclusion that I actually couldn't get all the shopping in my car even though I drive a tank(Volvo) and it would be easier to get it delivered straight into one of the vehicles bringing our kit to camp.

3 hours later I was ready to select a delivery time and realised that I needed to set up another address for the delivery. Problem number 1 you must select the delivery address first! So I thought I'd be clever and change my home address to the new address - problem number 2, the order dissappears!

Still, I have proved that the food is within budget and I have hopefully solved a logistical problem of getting the food to camp.

If at first you don't suck seed..............

Vanessa

PS I have a really wicked idea for my Cubs carnival costumes but I have to keep it under wraps until the day...........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkelar View Post
    I had come to the conclusion that I actually couldn't get all the shopping in my car even though I drive a tank(Volvo) and it would be easier to get it delivered straight into one of the vehicles bringing our kit to camp.
    Bah, that's nothing - I've been trying to work out how to get sports equipment, games equipment, half a ton of flour, 2000m of foil, 4000 paper cups, 50 sets of scales... (and the other stuff I can't remember) in the back of my nissan micra.

The answer is I can't so I've hired a van instead

Thanks
    I have sussed this one! I have an ASL and an ESL plus two keen helpers who are going to do it all while I am on holiday with hubby for the week before. Sounds too good to be true? it is sort of, I am rushing around like a mad thing trying to get it all sorted before I go away! Hey ho!
    We have a cool idea too.... All co-ordiminated with a bit of lucK!

Thanks

Nearly there..

I have a Final Sub Camp meeting on Thursday and a Final Core Team meeting next Tuesday - it's going to hit me soon - it really is happening next week!

The Oceania Sub Camp have a song, I have e-mails coming out of my ears, I'm working on how to decorate our HQ (shed) and the kit list is 6 pages long. It would be easier just to move house.............I haven't had this buzz since my first camp.

It can only get better!!!!

Vanessa

Thanks
    One thing that is worrying me with the H007 event, is the toilet and washing facilities.

There is going to be 90 toilets and only 30 Showers. If you go on the figures that are coming out from the H007, which are 4000 to 5000 people during the week and then 6000 on Sun Rise Day. It will mean that there is going to be 44 - 50 people per toilet and they are going to be emptied twice a day. I think that they may need to be emptied more than that considering the amount of people that are going to be using them.

And then there is the Showers, there are going to be 134 people ish, every day wanting to get in them in the morning. It is just going to be dreadful in the morning

Thanks
    It is getting scarily close now. We had our last scout programme team meeting last night and are pretty much ready to go. We think we know where everything is going to go assuming nothing changes significantly in the next week...

Now I just need to organise the piles of boxes in my house into some sort of order and work out what more I need to buy.

But in 18 days it'll all be over and just time for the staff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcollins171 View Post
    And then there is the Showers, there are going to be 134 people ish, every day wanting to get in them in the morning. It is just going to be dreadful in the morning
    You're assuming that everyone will want a shower everyday. That just isn't going to happen!

Thanks
    ten days until the build team arrives, weather forcast looks a bit of an odd one, showers each day from the looks of it but never mind.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp postcode is SO42
    Rotherfield District Explorer Scout Administrator

New and Improved euancrooks.co.uk http://www.euancrooks.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alterego1981 View Post
    ten days until the build team arrives, weather forcast looks a bit of an odd one, showers each day from the looks of it but never mind.
    Don't worry about the weather forecast - it is very rarely right at the moment. Just be assured there will be some rain, some sun and possibly some snow.

Thanks
    Just make you you know the syptoms of hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration, frost bite, sun stroke, wind burn, sun burn!! You may need them all! Also the treatment!
    1st Cleobury Mortimer Scouts (ASL)
    1st Park Gate Cub's (ACL)

Thanks

Showers at Camp

Matt
    I am with you on the toilet and shower issues but there are a few things to consider:

There are 1100+ Cubs who may shower once or twice if you are lucky in the week. There are going to be paddling pools on my Sub camp with loads of water games for those reluctant Cubs who don't know what water and soap is!

Not everybody will have time to shower in the morning - there are kids to feed, packed lunches to get ready, briefing meetings to go to...... I'm certainly want have time in the morning - it will be quieter later in the day.

Alot of Groups are bringing their own toilets as we can't have Cubs wander across the field at night - this will relieve the pressure (sorry no pun intended).

I will mention it again at the meeting next week but I know what the answer will be.

Anyway you guys can tie a knot in it I'm told - you'll have to let the ladies go first!!! Isn't that right Ninth Skip???

BW
    Vanessa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkelar View Post
    Matt
    I am with you on the toilet and shower issues but there are a few things to consider:

There are 1100+ Cubs who may shower once or twice if you are lucky in the week. There are going to be paddling pools on my Sub camp with loads of water games for those reluctant Cubs who don't know what water and soap is!

Not everybody will have time to shower in the morning - there are kids to feed, packed lunches to get ready, briefing meetings to go to...... I'm certainly want have time in the morning - it will be quieter later in the day.

Alot of Groups are bringing their own toilets as we can't have Cubs wander across the field at night - this will relieve the pressure (sorry no pun intended).

I will mention it again at the meeting next week but I know what the answer will be.

Anyway you guys can tie a knot in it I'm told - you'll have to let the ladies go first!!! Isn't that right Ninth Skip???

BW
    Vanessa
    Well yes they are all valid points. I only commented on them because I have heard it from someone else, who happens to be going.

I was just surprised at the amount/lack of amenities that are going to be on site.

I do hope there are going to be separate facilities!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thats right, ladies first! Men seem to be able to tie knots in anything! Ladies of a certain age who have had babies cannot wait as they used to do! With regard to showers, I will be telling my Scouts to try to use different times of day or night not first thing in the morning. I know that when Will (son No 2)used the showers last year at NF show, he said the water was very hot almost too hot.
    We will be taking a toilet tent for the use of... plus possibly a solar shower.
    Vanessa, will there be chemical disposal points at all? I am so excited....
    we were at HQ tonight starting off our fancy dress and bits and pieces. Even the Scouts are excited now. I can't believe I wave goodbye to Will on Friday as he heads off on his Jamboree experience. It has all come round far too quickly!
    Vanessa, don't forget to pop in and say hello will you? Same for the rest of you!