Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout 50p

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 810 Posts
    More importantly has anyone seen a Scout 50p yet? I haven't come across one yet

Peter Andrews ESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    me neither. are they out yet apart from the collectors packs?
    Derek Chambers,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftypete View Post
    How often have you *ever* seen a coin in the first few months of the year it was minted?

It'll take a while for them to get around. You'll no doubt see loads *next* year.

Thanks
    i have seen one or two from this year - but no 50p's

Thanks
    wow dats kl
    x-Taz-x

[WSJ♥2007] Best days of my life

Thanks
    judging by the number that have been stated (30,000 i read on this forum) then it is really unlikely for you to get one!!! i would imagine that there are millions of 50p's in curculation! if i have calculated it correctly then you have a less than 3% chance of getting one

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jshirra View Post
    judging by the number that have been stated (30,000 i read on this forum) then it is really unlikely for you to get one!!! i would imagine that there are millions of 50p's in curculation! if i have calculated it correctly then you have a less than 3% chance of getting one
    But that doesn't take into account the number of 50p pieces that pass though your hands in a year

Peter Andrews ESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x-Taz-x View Post
    wow dats kl
    So that's a no you haven't either then?
    Last edited by Mang; 21-02-2007 at 08:59 PM.
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.
    http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thirddun View Post
    Having investigated my change I guess size is something to do with it as £1 coins only vary by royal logo's etc rather than commerative. £2's do seem to change but 50p's seem to be the most common commerative apart from the £5 coin.
    On the subject of obtaining these outside the presentation folder I know that I can get £5 coins unused straight from postoffices and certain banks so you may be able to get one if you ask the banks etc.
    2007 seems to be getting off to a good start PR wise for Scouting let's keep it up!
    They actually do commemorative issues on all coins above 50p. This years set has a Diamond Wedding Anniversary £5 coin, two £2 coins - 200 years of abolishion of slave trade, 300 years act of union, a £1 coin featuring the Gateshead millenium bridge, and the Scouting 50p

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    why is the 50p so expensive tho, it seems so stupid and definately a rip off!
    The £6 set is a "brilliant, uncirculated" quality coin... it's shinier than a coin you would be handed out of a till, and doesn't have any dents in it from being knocked against other coins

Quote Originally Posted by jshirra View Post
    the 30,000 production is (I'm assuming from the OP of the comment) the number of full coin sets issued (in their nice card folders). The 50p coin folder has an issue limit of 100,000 - then there will be the normal coins that just go direct to the banks tills.

Thanks
    Owen morris you clearly work for the mint or the treasury or something. Any idea how many 50ps are in circulation at any one point. Presumably its impossible to calculate an exact figure but any idea?

Thanks
    James, he could just be a coin collector!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftypete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derekchambers View Post
    me neither. are they out yet apart from the collectors packs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    How often have you *ever* seen a coin in the first few months of the year it was minted?

It'll take a while for them to get around. You'll no doubt see loads *next* year.
    I e mailed the Royal Mint to find out. Don't bust a gut looking until August/ September when the loose 50ps are to circulated. Also, have a look on their website at how much the silver and gold collectors Scout 50ps are...Hmmm.
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.

Thanks
    Thanks for doing that. I must admit I've been checking my loose change and have been surpised to find out how many commemmarative 50p's there are that I've never noticed before.

Thanks
    hide all the 50ps so they have to bring more out
    Derek Chambers,

Thanks
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/stam...diaId=32300674

Sneak preview of one of the Scouting stamps and a small write up. The design? Not sure...By the way, they will be Europa stamps which suggests most of Europe will do simliar.