Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise on TV?

Thanks

Sunrise on TV?

Does anyone know if either WSJ or Brownsea Sunrise ceremonies will be broadcast live on TV?

The reason that I ask is we're having a large led screen at our district camp and would like to use it during our sunrise ceremony to show the Sunrise at one of the international camps to give our own ceremony a feel of being part of something even bigger than 500 people stood in a field

Thanks
    I'd suggest that you e mail the channels, or indeed find out where to write to because sometimes the online option sometimes they don't guarantee a reply. I'd guess it'll be featured but probably on the news on the breakfast
    TV.
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.
    http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks
    So why don't we all start asking all the channels who broadcast childrens programmes during the holidays if they plan to cover it in anyway? CbbC? CITV? We can point to the massive numbers of children who will be taking part, can they cover it live? Lots of these companies carry live programmes during summer holidays anyway.

Thanks
    Why are you going to have a big LCD tv? what is the purpose of such an item on a scout camp? It must be pretty costly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by humpty View Post
    Why are you going to have a big LCD tv? what is the purpose of such an item on a scout camp? It must be pretty costly.
    Because it's more than just a camp.... when was the last time you attended a Scouting centenary?

Our's is going to be big and memorable for everyone - over 500 all week and over 650 on sunrise day. Everyone will talk about it for years to come. It will unite our District and prove what we can achieve when we work together.

Please don't worry though, there will be patrol tents, camp fires, aerial runways and pioneering, but there will also be elements that are not so traditional - something to appeal to everyone - surely what Scouting is all about?

What are you doing to celebrate? Perhaps we're missing out on something?

Thanks
    We are holding a big district event. I personally will Be in Jersey at the Jersey Scout Centre so we are slightly at the mercy of what the jersey scouts are doing.

Are you hiring the Tv just to show the sunrise or do you have other plans for it.

Thanks
    I have no idea what they might use the TV for...

but... at the last huge camp I went to (Our County camp a few years ago) they had a huge TV they used at the opening ceremony as people arrived to show photos and things of the activites, they had a video of the weekend showing, things happeneing on stage were filmed and put live on the TV so the people at the abck of the crowd could see them...

If it's the right price then definitely worth it.

In our district we have heard that the Sunrise is going to be filmed and projected round the country/world , I am quite sure we are being filmed on stage (In birmingham) doing the promise stuff... guess details are a little sketcy at the moment but will have to wait and see...
    John - Cub Scout Leader, District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Thanks
    East Midlands Today (BBC) will be doing news reports on sunrise with shots from across the different counties/districts. Not heard of anything wider tho, would be surprised if there isn't something on bbc breakfast.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberdabber View Post
    I have no idea what they might use the TV for...

but... at the last huge camp I went to (Our County camp a few years ago) they had a huge TV they used at the opening ceremony as people arrived to show photos and things of the activites, they had a video of the weekend showing, things happeneing on stage were filmed and put live on the TV so the people at the abck of the crowd could see them...

If it's the right price then definitely worth it.

In our district we have heard that the Sunrise is going to be filmed and projected round the country/world , I am quite sure we are being filmed on stage (In birmingham) doing the promise stuff... guess details are a little sketcy at the moment but will have to wait and see...
    didn't they have something similar at Gillwell 24 last year? On the lorry in the square i seem to remember video feeds from around the event
    Scott Walton

Thanks

Brownsea Island Sunrise Service ewtc

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if their is going to be an official service of some kind on Brownsea Island at 8am on August 1st, and if so is it going to be streamed live over the internet?

In New Zealand we will be at your 8am time holding a Centenary dinner and were hoping to view the service live on a large screen. Over 400 will be attending.

We also hope to stream our 8am Sunrise function live on the web.

Hows will be held on Caroline Bay, Timaru new Zealand at 8am local time.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks
    There is definatley somethign happening on Brownsea island. Not sure exactly what though and I have no idea if it will be streamed.

No mountain too high PeterSheppard's Avatar
    Thanks
    From what I gather, although cannot get confirmed details about this...

The sunrise ceremony is being streamed from Brownsea to Hylands via (I think) the Astra (possibly 2D) satellite. If that is true, then anybody in Northwestern Europe will be able to pick it up if they have a digital satellite receiver that lets you manually enter channel details.

I have been unable to confirm this information though, so please do not use it as fact!

Presumably, it will be relayed around the world via other satellites.

Its only an hour a week.. RedSquirrel's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have asked bbc wales to do something, but i doubt one person can get them to come and film it.
    There's no such thing as bad weather...just the wrong clothing

Life is what you make it. scolliss's Avatar
    Currently working in Switzerland, not far from Kandersteg.
    Thanks
    Try approaching the nerve centre of Scouting to see if they really are the nerve centre. Anyone thought of contacting the Press Office (Gilwell I think), to see if anyone there knows? They "should" if they are doing their job properly.
    Life Is What You Make It
    www.ismt.org.uk

Thanks
    Hey!

The Sunrise Celebrations at Brownsea Island on the 1st August will be shown on the Community Channel (available on Freeview) for 45 minutes. The TSA are still working on an internet link - NSO's will know more at a later date

As for regional media - it would be really good if we could cover the whole of the BBC and ITV news network!

Hwyl, jon
    Scouting Rocks!