Thread: The 6th Escouts Blog!

Thanks

The 6th Escouts Blog!

Hi All!

Well, here i am, back to the brilliant shift pattern. 11pm till 8am, sleep then back on at 3pm till midnight, luckly
    Richard has a day off today

As you can see by the time, its not possible to sleep at all during the day, well when the sun is shining anyway.

Stewarding on the whole is going great, no major problems so far, touch wood!.

The sun has been shining for a number of days now, except a slight 30min shower yesterday afternoon, just to make the ground / grass wet for me just before night shift!

Posters have gone up in the adult island hub for the meet up, one has already disapeared - take it that board wasn't for general public notices !!!

I believe the sub camps will be getting the posters either later today or tomorrow, eh graham! - I'm still waiting to meet Graham, probably end up being the meet up before i get chance now.

Anyway internet time is ticking down, and dont think ill put another £3.50 in the meter just yet

See some of you at the meet up

SUNRISE DAY
    6am at Hylands Park and Sub-camps and the Island Adult Hub were all wide awake and making there way to the main arena where over 40,000 Participants, and Adults, Including the Splash Offsite Team gathered together to mark this very special occasion.

The Ceremony Started then went live to Brownsea Island just before 8am linking the birth place of scouting to the 21st World Scout Jamboree.

The UK Chief Scout, Peter Duncan, blew his kudu horn three times at 8am, the very same ceremony our founder, Lord Baden Powell did 100 years ago to the minuite, to open the first scout camp in 1907.

The Atmosphere in the arena was amazing, Peter Duncan lead the renewal of the Promise live from Brownsea Island, Broadcast to Hylands Park and around the world.

Doves were released from the main jamboree stage, with a sky filled with coloured balloons towards the end of the ceremony.

Lord Baden Powell, Grandson to our founder walked onto the stage in front of the 40,000 strong audience. Lord Baden-Powell said:

Quote:
    I am very happy to be here. My grandfather started the movement with 20 boys on a camp at Brownsea Island. One hundred years later 28 million people in 158 countries are involved in Scouting across the world.
    The movement he started has become one of the instruments for peace. He would have been delighted to see how the seed he planted has grown into such a movement.
    Thank you for inviting me to this unique event and in the words of my grandfather 'have a happy life and good camping'.

The evening finished with a ‘Gifts for Peace’ Concert with over 30,000 people attending, the concert included tribute artists for, Robbie Williams, Madonna, Coldplay and many others.
    Daniel

Explorer Scout Leader | Group Trustee
    4th Huddersfield Golcar Scout Group
    4thgolcar.org.uk
    District Media Development Manager
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Thanks
    looks as though you have things sorted.
    Why dont you write out the blog before going online?

Thanks
    well the computers count down if your online or on office so its computer time you buy.
    Daniel

Explorer Scout Leader | Group Trustee
    4th Huddersfield Golcar Scout Group
    4thgolcar.org.uk
    District Media Development Manager
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Thanks
    added to Daniels blog, based on his golcar site as requested

See folks at the meetup

Thanks
    The Escouts Meetup will be held on