Thread: Sunrise Phasels Wood

Thanks

Sunrise Phasels Wood

We got up at 4am to watch the Sunrise, and eventually at 5.25am, the sun appeared above the trees.

Here it is.

What a fantastic day. Had live link to Browsea for the promise ceremony, then all activities were laid on:

Rifle Shooting
    Archery
    Pot Holing
    Quad Biking
    Ice wall
    2 huge bouncy castles
    Climbing wall
    Bungee Trampolines
    Bumper cars and other fairground rides.

Shame my lad threw up at 7am, went rifle shooting, had a go at archery, went on the Bungee trampolines and spent the afternoon in bed poorly Seems he shouldn't have drunk the water in the toilet block.

In the evening, a campfire was laid on (you had to imagine the heat from the fire though as they had a picture of a fire flickering on the screen

Following that, there were fireworks and a disco until 11pm.

All in all, a day to remember

What did everyone else do?
    Last edited by Testarossa; 09-05-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    I was at our district scout campsite (Bexon Lane) where we held a week long jamboree.

We had 10 activity zones for every day (except Wednesday), where we had a fun day after the sunrise ceremony and we also had a camp fire (with a real one though).

A great week
    Mike Jury
    Escouts Team
    Ecamp 2009
    Radio Amateur (M0MFF)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Testarossa View Post
    All in all, a day to remember
    Sounds Phab Testarossa. I am so pleased for Kevin & Linda Mackay at Phasels that they had a sunny dry day for it after the wash out of their Phamily Camp - they do a great job.

Account Closed
    Thanks
    We had a 24 hours camp from 4pm on the 31st for our Beavers, Cubs & Scouts. My landlord has a big field and a swimming pool, so 24 hours of games, fun, splashing, bbq's and activities. Everyone really enjoyed it. Now I've finished organising that, just to finish doing my week long Cub camp on the 12th.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny E View Post
    Sounds Phab Testarossa. I am so pleased for Kevin & Linda Mackay at Phasels that they had a sunny dry day for it after the wash out of their Phamily Camp - they do a great job.
    They certainly do!

Thanks
    Just a reminder to all eScouts that we are almost next door to Phasels Wood - if you are going there for a camp or activities, let me know - I will try to turn up and say "hi"!

Thanks
    Hi Penny, that would have been good! I believe RichmondDESC was on site last week too, but just didn't have time to go and find him. Shame really.
    Last edited by Testarossa; 07-08-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks
    I was at Phasels too at 5am - and for the whole week. It really was the Summer Camp of the Century (largely thanks to RichmondDESC for organising it all and Kevin at Phasels for the Sunrise day itself). Our day trip to WSJ was awesome and the week long wall-to-wall activities was just incredible. This camp will be remembered in our Scout Group and District for 100 years!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotso View Post
    I was at Phasels too at 5am - and for the whole week. It really was the Summer Camp of the Century (largely thanks to RichmondDESC for organising it all and Kevin at Phasels for the Sunrise day itself). Our day trip to WSJ was awesome and the week long wall-to-wall activities was just incredible. This camp will be remembered in our Scout Group and District for 100 years!

Where abouts on the site did you set up camp? The woods were flooded when we got there on the Saturday, so we ended up in the field at the far end of the site. A brilliant week!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Testarossa View Post
    Where abouts on the site did you set up camp? The woods were flooded when we got there on the Saturday, so we ended up in the field at the far end of the site. A brilliant week!

My Group (45 campers in total) was encamped with the rest of the Richmond upon Thames District contingent (of about 800) - on the field by the climbing tower. In true Scouting style, I pitched my tent right next to the muddy hollow on the dirt track to get the full experience of 4x4s splashing my tent and the yells of Cubs falling in and losing their wellies on their return from the toilet block in the dark. Sadly, the mud trap had dried up completely by the end of the week...

Did you see the guy in the nighshirt/nightcap at Sunrise?

You can see some of our Centenary experiences on our website www.3rdwhitton.org.uk

The Jamboree atmosphere is still continuing in Richmond District - I went to a BBQ last night to meet Scouts from Iceland who are enjoying Ho-Ho this week - and managed to give away my entire collection of pin badges. Ah well - a small price to pay for all those smiles.

Knotso - clever after all !

Thanks
    I believe Richmond DESC has pretty much recovered after organising a camp for 800!

A truly fantastic camp - cubs and scouts camping together - a lot of them for the first time, explorers hidden in the woods so they didn't get disturbed, 168 Beavers taking part in sleepovers on 3 nights, trips to the WSJ for everyone, trips to Whipsnade for everyone except the explorers (who went to the Aquadrome instead)

All in all a great week - lots of very tired faces all had smiles on them - and I have already been asked by one group when the next one is!!!

I would like to thank Knotso for stepping in at the last minute and volunteering to run our district campfire (see pics on his link) - no pressure at all from the district team!!

We are currently hosting 14 Icelandic scouts - check out their website for details of their Jamboree in 2008, I am going to be organising an explorer contingent to go there next year.

http://www.scout.is/jamboree
    Last edited by RichmondDESC; 10-08-2007 at 02:48 PM.
    You are only young once - but you can be immature forever!

Thanks
    We were a good 10 minute walk from you guys then. I timed it from our camp to the shop! I didn't see the guy in the nightshirt as we were on the far field next to the very noisy A41!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotso View Post
    My Group (45 campers in total) was encamped with the rest of the Richmond upon Thames District contingent (of about 800) - on the field by the climbing tower. In true Scouting style, I pitched my tent right next to the muddy hollow on the dirt track to get the full experience of 4x4s splashing my tent and the yells of Cubs falling in and losing their wellies on their return from the toilet block in the dark. Sadly, the mud trap had dried up completely by the end of the week...

Did you see the guy in the nighshirt/nightcap at Sunrise?

You can see some of our Centenary experiences on our website www.3rdwhitton.org.uk

The Jamboree atmosphere is still continuing in Richmond District - I went to a BBQ last night to meet Scouts from Iceland who are enjoying Ho-Ho this week - and managed to give away my entire collection of pin badges. Ah well - a small price to pay for all those smiles.

Knotso - clever after all !
    would that be by the questa run? or however you spell it?