Thread: Sunrise scarf

Thanks

Sunrise scarf

Whilst on Brownsea a support team member I know showed me a yellow Sunrise scarf he's been given. It turns out that they came from the Jamboree to Brownsea and participents and crew got them.

Well as a participent (even though I wasn't camping) you'll not be surprised to find that I want one! Thoughts turn to eBay, surely noone will sell theirs??>>silly me<<...There's loads of stuff on there and the afore mentioned scarves are going for £30+ a time!

I've therefore e mailed the info centre and someone is going to contact me shortly about availability.

Two points-I personally think it's a bit sad that individuals have been given 'unique' items that they then sell on for a profit. OK there may be things that folk don't like but a scarf??

To those who got them at the Jamboree, am I right in saying that they aren't Jambo/ Brownsea specific and there would have possibly been a general market for them?
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.
    http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks
    *goes to check necker!*
    It says 21st World Scout Jamboree in green, and then Scoutings Sunrise in the red. We were given them just before the ceremony, and were supposed to try and get 100 people to sign them that day - to meet new people etc. so I'm surprised that people would sell them once they had such meaning attached to them.
    On another note, there are also jamboree sandwiches on ebay!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Lill View Post
    To those who got them at the Jamboree, am I right in saying that they aren't Jambo/ Brownsea specific and there would have possibly been a general market for them?
    On the back of the necker it says21st World Scout Jamboree 2007. So it is a jamboree specific item!

At the Jamboree we where challenged to get 100 signatures on them from all over the world. Mines packed and I'm definitely not selling it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Lill View Post
    Two points-I personally think it's a bit sad that individuals have been given 'unique' items that they then sell on for a profit. OK there may be things that folk don't like but a scarf??
    You would be surprised at what some of the things sell for. Apparently after eurojam, the friendship award badge was reaching over £900. Im holding onto my jamboree one though. Theres nothing im considering selling on ebay from jamboree, i'm keeping it all. . The only thing i mite consider is a spare roll matt a got. (has the jamboree logo on it) But even that i think i mite keep.
    Phil Banyard
    1st Haworth Scouts | Centenary Archery Team | Melton Scout Campsite

Thanks
    Actually, I've just seen that they were Jambo specific (albeit in tiny text) but I've not been able to use the edit facility!

Still, as they were given out as signature scarves, I think they'd have sold well in a wider market...
    Last edited by Mang; 15-08-2007 at 11:03 AM.
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.

Thanks
    we got them at Gilwell Park (about a week later though!!!) but I wasn't there for Sunrise so didn't get one

Its only an hour a week.. RedSquirrel's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh the joy of those damn scarves...i had the great job of handing all 8ooo out to the IST in the canteen at 11pm on my night off....

needless to say when i ran out people were not pleased!
    There's no such thing as bad weather...just the wrong clothing

Thanks
    Selling Jambore or Sunrise scarfs on E bay

SHAME ON THEM

ASL, 81st St Bartholomews (South Belfast)

CEOP Ambassador
    Belfast County Safeguarding Awarness Co-ordinator
    Northern Ireland Scouts Core Team Member

Camp 2008/09

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Its only an hour a week.. RedSquirrel's Avatar
    Thanks
    especially after i had to explain to the New Zealand scouts why there wasnt enough for them after a 36 hour travel!
    There's no such thing as bad weather...just the wrong clothing

SL 1st High Lane Scouts JeanieJ's Avatar
    Thanks
    I didn't go to the Jamboree but our SL was on IST and he's brought back a couple of 'liberated' neckers - yellow with a blue, green and red sunrise logo with Scouting's Sunrise and the date in Fr. and Eng. (red print) and 21st World Scout Jamboree 2007 in Fr. and Eng. (green print) surrounding the logo. Is this the one you're after, Austin, cos you can have one of them if it is. Let me know?

Thanks
    JeanieJ-Goodness me yes! If that's OK with the 'liberating' SL. I'll PM you...

Thanks
    I have two sunrise neckers although one of them is special as it was printed for the ceremonies team that helped put the ceremony together.

A number of the team got their sunrise neckers signed by Lord Baden Powell on Sunrise!
    Producer & Director - St. Helens Gang Show
    www.scoutaround.org.uk
    ABSL - 21st St. Helens (Newton-le-Willows)
    Production Assistant, Ceremonies Team, 21st WSJ