Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Updated) Joomla 1.5 Ver 2 Scout Template Download Here

Thanks

(Updated) Joomla 1.5 Ver 2 Scout Template Download Here

I am delighted to announce that we have put together a Scout Template for Version 1.5 of Joomla.

Joomla Version 1.5 is a significant leap forward and is a vast improvement. It really is worth having a look.

This template was developed intially by Joomlashack, and has subsequently been hacked by [URL="http://www.southeastscotlandscouts.org.uk"]South East Scotland Scouts IT Team[/URL], who then hired Richard Willars to finish it off.

The SE Scotland Scouts IT Team appreciate the work of the [URL="http://www.joomla.org"]Joomla team[/URL] and [URL="http://www.joomlashack.com"]Joomlashack[/URL] and think its important that this UK Style Scout Template is shared amongst Scouts and others who wish to use it.

Please note, the Scouts logo is copyright The UK Scout Association.

[COLOR=red][B]It is important to note this template is for Joomla 1.5 ONLY (Not Joomla 1.0)[/B][/COLOR]
    [LIST][*][I][B]When you are doing a fresh install of Joomla 1.5 we recommend you install the sample data, and delete the articles you dont need. Many of the configuration problems highlighted in this thread can be avoided by using the sample data, as a basis for your setup.[/B][/I][*]Download the zip file[*]In the administration panel of Joomla 1.5[*]Goto Extensions > Install / Uninstall[*]Browse for, then upload package (zip file)[*]Extensions > Template manager[*]Select [SIZE=2]sescotlandscouts15 and set as default[/SIZE][/LIST][B]IMPORTANT, Menu and Module Positions[/B]
    [LIST][*]You can should only have 1 menu, main menu. Make sure main menu is in position TOP[*]Some of your modules may need re-arranged to fit in, any questions just ask, on this thread.[/LIST]In Extenstions > Module Manager > Edit Main menu

In parameters:
    [LIST][*]ensure menustyle is list[*]Always[COLOR=black] show sub menu is seleted[/COLOR][/LIST][B][COLOR=black]Banner[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST][*][COLOR=black]You should note that the banner on the SE Scotland site is Copyrighted[/COLOR][*][COLOR=black]It is important that you create your own nice and attactive banner[/COLOR][/LIST][URL="http://www.southeastscotlandscouts.org.uk/"][B][COLOR=black]LIVE DEMO[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/joomla/sescotlandscouts152.zip"][B][COLOR=black]DOWNLOAD LINK[/COLOR][/B][/URL] (version 2)

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]CHANGES IN VERSION 2[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [LIST][*][COLOR=black]Fixed bullets problem[/COLOR][*][COLOR=black]Fixed bug on some pages on Opera and Firefox (Thanks Andy)[/COLOR][URL="http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9992"][COLOR=black]http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9992[/COLOR][/URL][*][COLOR=black]Changed file name of banner to scouthd1.jpg to avoid being blocked by anti advert software[/COLOR][*][COLOR=black]Changed the alt txt on the banner to The Scout Association (Which you can change to your group etc)[/COLOR][/LIST][B][COLOR=black]Upgrading[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=black]Please note you can install this seperately and keep your old theme, as they do not have the exact name.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If you havent changed the colours, you just need to copy your banner into the images folder on the template and rename the file scouthd1.jpg[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If you have made other changes, it would be easier to just make the changes on this version of the template.[/COLOR]

Thanks
    Please discuss version 2 here

Thanks
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,434 Posts
    can i just upload it in place of the old one or will it mess up all i've done?

Thanks
    Is this the template used for the SE Scotland Region website ?
    Steve Buckley
    District Commissioner,
    Isle of Anglesey
    Wales

Thanks
    [quote=big chris;110811]can i just upload it in place of the old one or will it mess up all i've done?[/quote]

You can upload it seperatly, and swap to it, to test it out and swap back if need be.

If you have done any colour changes in the template, you would have to implement them again

I wouldnt recommend overwriting the files at all

Thanks
    [quote=zzbuckley;110812]Is this the template used for the SE Scotland Region website ?[/quote]

It is the same template, yes

Thanks
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,434 Posts
    [QUOTE=Richard;110816]You can upload it seperatly, and swap to it, to test it out and swap back if need be.

If you have done any colour changes in the template, you would have to implement them again

I wouldnt recommend overwriting the files at all[/QUOTE]

thanks...

i'll play.

am v grateful to you guys for this... it is rather fab.

Thanks

Scout template

Is there any way to adjust the size of the left and right hand sidebars or to add content to them. Bit of a newbie on joomla designing a scout website getting there slowly

Thanks
    [QUOTE=baileysjim;148175]Is there any way to adjust the size of the left and right hand sidebars or to add content to them. Bit of a newbie on joomla designing a scout website getting there slowly[/QUOTE]

Take a look at this: [url]http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10732[/url] thread, it should help you!

Thanks
    ok HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

I can add article to Joomla no bother, I do it on another website I work with. I just can't seem to get the layout right. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong, or better still, can you fix it please?

Escouts Team & System Dev Magician's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think you will need to be a bit more descriptive in order to gain support. I'd start a new thread and list anything your having a problem with.

Thanks
    Hi Gavin
    Can you pop along to [url]www.scoutswesternisles.com[/url] and have a look. You'll be able to tell me better what I'm doing wrong

Escouts Team & System Dev Magician's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im no Joomla expert or Developer, but I think you need to remove whatever content is in the grey bellow the header and add a menu bar there.

Thanks
    That's the problem, I don't know how Gavin. :(

Thanks
    I can have a look for you (use Joomla at work for a site). PM me a login and I will try and help.
    Mike Jury
    Escouts Team
    Ecamp 2009
    Radio Amateur (M0MFF)